What you should TELL CHILDREN about bullying . . .
- Bullying is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- If a bully bothers you, it’s O.K. to stand up for yourself, walk away, or ask a friend or adult for help.
- Responding to bullying by fighting back doesn’t usually work—and may make matters worse. Violence encourages more violence and fails to solve problems.
- It is important to report bullying when you see it and when you hear about it. Telling is not tattling.
- Bullying does not have to happen. Working together with adults and peers, there are specific things you can do to prevent and stop bullying.